- I love the variety of being a small church pastor
- I love being available for daily prayer requests
- I love being involved in church music ~ I play the guitar
- I love having kids in our church services and work to incorporate them in the service
- I love watching people come to the church for help
- I love instilling in people a thirst for God and His Word
- I love teaching people how to apply God’s Word to their own heart, life and family
- I love being involved in my local Fire Department as an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- I love having a church that gives me the flexibility to serve God in whatever capacity He presents
- I love having a church that cares about meeting needs, protecting unity, and practicing God’s Love
- I love serving in a church that loves and respects the leaders God has put in place
- I can’t imagine doing anything else with my life
- I knew when I was 6 years old that God “called” me to be a pastor
- I love this church and pray God never calls me to retire
Pastor Shane grew up in Colville and graduated from Colville High School in 1981. His wonderful Christian parents raised him in the 1st Baptist Church of Colville and kept him very active in the church youth group. He attended Bible College in Chicago for 4 years and then joined the U.S. Army where he served in Central America. Upon receiving his Honorable Discharge, he went to work for the Stevens County Sheriff’s Jail as a Corrections Officer.
During this time, he served as pastor of small country churches that could not afford a full time pastor. This bi-vocational ministry was one that God has blessed for many years. Garden Valley Community Church called Pastor Shane to fill the pulpit on Sundays in August of 2005 and he continues to serve the church to this day.